History

SOGAS MASCARÓ begins its activity in 1910 in Vilafranca del Penedès, producing mainly still wines from the area and starts exports to the United States. A few years later the winery focuses on the development of wines and cavas sourcing from the varieties of vines planted around La Masia Fontallada, owned by the family, located in the heart of the Alt Penedès region.

In 1987 Alfons Alsina Sardà acquires most of the estate and decides to plant two new white varieties, Macabeo and Parellada, beside the existing 70 years old Xarel·lo vines. In this way he sets course to specialize in the production of cava.

In 2009 Núria Alsina Garsaball and her husband Pedro Freixas Cointreau take over the family business and start developing a new style cava based on the French influence.